How to Decide Between Hiring an Architect or a Designer?
Bored of your existing office interiors? Think that your current office space is not properly utilized or you feel that now is the time to move to a new office location?.
Either a new office setup is to be started or refurbishing an old setup, the most tedious part is the efficient interior designing.
Now imagine that you are planning to transform your office space, what are the best options available?
1. Just do it YOURSELF (‘ohh, you don’t have the right expertise or time? Chuck it!! Let’s think about other available options. Hmmm’)
2. Hire an EXPERT (‘seems like a “good idea”, let’s go!!’)
Fitting out a new office will be one of the biggest expenses your company has to pay for, so it’s important to get it right the first time. From the look and feel of the office to its available facilities, you should take into account what will increase staff productivity, keep the creative juices flowing and improve your company’s brand image.
Being a part of this industry, the most commonly asked question is “How to Decide between Hiring an Architect or a Designer?”
Give it a good thought. Already know the answer - Kudos!
Not sure? Wait, let us help you out. :)
Many of us are still confused about the nature of work an interior designer or an architect handles. So firstly, let’s roll over our sleeves and clear our basics. Here we go-
INTERIORS COMPRISE OF: space, line, forms, light, colour, texture and pattern; and keeping them balanced is the key to creating an aesthetically pleasing interior.
ARCHITECTURE INCLUDES: civil and flooring work; air conditioning, ventilation - HVAC work; walls, doors and ceiling work; security and fire fighting, and plumbing, light intensity, electrical load and distributions.
Now coming back to the question -
Whom to choose - INTERIOR ARCHITECT OR INTERIOR DESIGNER?
The answer to this question is:
1. If only the ambiance is to be changed, go for an Interior Designer.
2. If your interiors already represent your brand and architecture is faulty, go for an Architect.
3. For a a Fit-out project, you can choose any one of the following:
- An Interior Designer with strong technical knowledge, or,
- An Interior Architect with understanding of creative aesthetics, or,
- A Company comprising a team of architects and designers, who bring their expertise together and change your dreams into reality. You just sit back and relax!!!
So folks, next time you think of doing some office restructuring work, just follow the above listed basics.
And, what are we Divine Innovators here for. Just give us a shout and we will take care of all your needs so that you can completely focus on your productivity and shape your dream into reality.
We also offer a free 1 hour online session to understand your requirements and to answer any questions you may have or to. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Conceptualized by Akhilesh Leekha (November 2019)
Transcript (adding flavor in writing) and Design by Shweta Singh (April 2020)